I feel very guilty because I put up a very yummy photo on FB and NO RECIPE... even though I had this recipe... the whole time... in my head... I just have not had the time to get the rest of the post done. And I wanted to discuss something important... like warm up... or strategies to avoid eating from boredom... or something along those lines.... but the guilt won: I will just post the recipe.
No suffering through one of my rants today!
Now I made this bad boy for my birthday last saturday... so it's a bit naughty... but oh so delicious. SO make sure to invite people over if you go down this dangerous path... or you might eat the whole thing yourself (unless you hate coconut or maple syrup in which case... get out)
And now... behold:
Butterscotch-Maple Coconut Squares
For the coconut cluster bottom:
1. 1/2 cup coconut oil
2. 2 cups coconut shreds (unsweetened)
3. 1/2 cup maple syrup
For the fudge:
1. 1/2 cup coconut cream
2. 1 tbsp vanilla
3. 1 cup cashews
4. 1/4 cup coconut oil
5. 1/2 cup maple syrup
Easier version1. 1 cup butterscotch chips
2. 2 tbsp coconut oil
3. 1/4 cup maple syrup.
1. For the bottom portion: melt the coconut oil and mix the ingredients together. Set in freezer to chill in a lined lasagna dish
2. In the meantime prepare the fudge:
If you are making the healthier version:
- Boil the maple syrup and coconut cream for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the coconut oil and vanilla and bring to a boil again
- Mix in the cashews and blend into a smooth paste
If you are making the easier version:
In a double boiler melt the 1 cup butterscotch chips, 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1/4 cup maple syrup. Continue stirring until all ingredients are mixed
3. Pour your topping over the coconut base and set back in the freezer. These need to be FROZEN, otherwise the maple syrup will be softer and stickier. It will still taste good - but be pretty messy.